- How widespread is racism in our community?
- What is being done to address racial discrimination in our school? Community? Society? What can YOU do?
- What examples of racism do you notice in Heat by Mike Lupica?
After creating your own comment, respond to at least two other comments.
49 comments:
i think that racism isn't so bad right now but there is still some racism going on.
our racism community does not go that far.
Putting someone in the hotspot.
Become friends with them or look at life in there eyes.
I dont really see any racism in the book heat so far.
I think Racism is lower but it is still a problem in commintys
Our country is not bad about racism right now and i think we do not need any work on that stuff.Cause everybody is not really paying attention to that kind of stuff and knows not to be rasis to other people.
to kyle
i agree.
there is still some racism going on.
i have not seen that much racism in heat so far
to nicole
i also think that we dont need any work on racism.
I think that racism is not bad but there is still some.
I agree with Turman
I agree not many people are paying attention to it but this is a thing where when it happens we need to pay attention and do something about it.
i agree with kyle that our country is not bad at all about rasis and also to add on to your kyle that people are not even paying atenttion to rasis things at all.
In our school there is not that much racism in Olson Middle School, but I have to say there is a little because people might be fooling around but people always say stuff like that black kid over there or chinese or asian or you can do that because you are black. In our whole entire state there is a ton of racism in here. At other schools there are a lot of white and black gangs around seperate and even sometimes I see people get picked on because they have different color skin. I would just tell them that I am fine what ever kind of skin they have. It matters what their personality and how kind and friendly and fun they are then what they look like. In heat I say there some how to me there is not much racism in there. They are all just doing normal.
to austin: I agree with your comment
hi everybody watz up do you think rasism is bad
Our country has parts of racism not all part of the U.S.A. has racism its still going,only at some parts. It getting a lot bitter at making everyone the same.
To everyone: I think there is a ton racism going on to me because you might not think about but I know tons of people and I have read about this stuff and there is actually a lot of racism going on. Most between blacks, white, and asians. So I guess I have to disagree with you guys a little.
I agree with truman.
yea its pretty bad
For our community in racism, it is kind of good and kind of bad. Like in down town it is bad, people are fighting each other and cursing at each other. In Bloomington it is good because everyone is treated fair and in school everyone is treated fair. The school is doing alot to help racism like they are putting up posters, having clubs, and advertising on the television. In our community it is ok but in our society it is kind of bad and kind of good in a way. Like in different states like were alot of muzlims are not to be racist but like were they are there is alot of racism. I could do alot of things like put up poster boards on the bill boards, advertise on comercials and more. In Heat i noticed that people are being kind of mean to micheal and other people are yelling at each other like the coach is being kind of bossy and stuff.Ya thats all hehe.
To Nicole: I think that racism is bad to me also.
I think racism is better than it was a long time ago, but it's definitely still there and I think it will always effect people. No one in the world can make people think something they don't want to think, so if someone is racist, you can tell them not to be, but that doesn't guarantee that they will change their opinion.
Racism in schools is for the most part gone, but then again there is always someone who has their own perspective and opinion. Racism is definitely not one of the big problems happening in school. It's kind of in the background.
What I can do to help racism is treat everyone equally, and not judge people. Also, encourage other people to also act this way.
I agree with david because i have read articles about racism going on the country.
david i also agree with you beacasuse there is some rasism in our school just alittle bu except for that we are all respectful and the people that say rasis stuff is the 8th grade but other thatn that our school is rasis free i mean like there is no rasis stuff in it.
To Tyler: Yeah I agree with Tyler because in down town there is a lot of racism going on. Then there is a lot of people that want to help with racism like what you said about posters and clubs. It really isn't bad in our school, but maybe others might be worst.
This is very cool who we all can talk about racism
oops, I forgot to say what has been going on in the book...
I think that there is definitely some tension between the baseball teams, but I haven't really seen anything that was really, totally racist. I mean some of the stuff they were saying wasn't very nice, but I think a lot of what fueled those comments was competitiveness.
I agree with ryanc
to david: yea i agree and its much just more than racism its gangs and fights and cursing especially in down town. i always see groups of kids walkin around in alleys and stuff like that.
I agree with you Kyle because we do need to do something about it because it could get worse...
Hi kyle do you think rasis is bad
To Nicole: Yeah I agree that the 8th grade is probably the most racist in our school because I am in the 8th grade and here it everyday at least 5 times a day. I am not racist though and I am not in that kind of group thingy.
To Nicole:
I disagree with you. I think our country has a lot to do with racism, well not necessarily a lot, but it has some work to do. I also agree with you in a way. I definitely think that this country has come a long way and is on it's way to not needing any more work an racism, but racism is definitely still there.
In a lot of parts Bloomington has A LOT!!!!! Of racism!!!!!
to nicole: yea its a pretty bad thing
To Brennen: Yeah I agree with you because back then there was tons more racism then now but there is still a lot of racism now.
to kyle: For your first comment Kyle I do not agree with you because there is alot of racism going on in the country every where!!!!!!
I think that racism is totally uncool. I don't think I have much racism in my community maybe a little bit but not much.
to tyler: i know there is there is a lot i was just talking about our school it isnt that bad
To Tyler: Yeah, I also disagree with Kyle because racism is still bad but not a lot like back 50 years ago.
Well brennan i mean bloomington our country or do you still think we need help in rasism.
I agree with tyler there is racism in the city and lot.
im not seeing so much racism in the book right now just justin trying to be cool and makin up stuff that doesnt make sense
/David you know that about most of the 8# graders have racism in there daily life
write back
kyle have you ever herd anybody say a rasis thing to you or to sombody else
i havnt seen anything from tyler yet i just noticed that
kyle have you ever herd anybody say a rasis thing to you or to sombody else
there has ben racism going on for a long time.............
to nicole: yea i have actually in elementary school. i said we should go like pick on this african american kid at recess and i was just like no way hose, not cool
I think that racism is a really big deal!!!!
Post a Comment